There are numerous automotive brands that cater to the most elite in society and the average Joe can only dream of one day owning. One such brand is Bentley. Well, with this 1958 Bentley S1 project, that Bentley namesake is within reach for even the most budget conscious car builder.
This 1958 Bentley S1 is listed on ebay with a $1 starting price and no reserve and as of this article seems to be hovering right around $400. Indeed, by looking at the pictures, it is very obvious that this 1958 Bentley S1 is a major a project but really, the possibilities are endless.
Allow your creative gears to grind and think of what this car could potentially be. It could be put back to stock (though be extremely expensive to do so!) or perhaps it could be built into something that is anything but stock. Perhaps a pro-touring car, pro street beast, a rat rod or heck even a crazy lifted 4×4 Bentley! Whatever your vision is, this is about the only Bentley we have ever seen at a price that won’t completely break the bank!
Some of the features of this 1958 Bentley S1 per the Seller are:
- The 1958 Bentley S1 shared almost every part with the Rolls Royce Silver Cloud I models.
- All four doors straight and in good shape, including great glass, except for left front small wing window is cracked (other glass is just rolled down in photos). All the window frames are near mint
- Trunk lid in good shape
- Gauges and dash speedo
- Complete solid chassis with stock suspension, differential, brakes and wheels as well as the sought after OPTIONAL POWER STEERING SYSTEM
- Solid body, rock solid floor pans. Great for donor parts!
- Steering column, shifter, parking brake mechanism & lot of little items